Cost of Attendance
The student expense budget allows for direct expenses billed by the University, as well as indirect educational expenses. Below you will find the estimated costs of undergraduate study that we use for our various student budgets. (Miscellaneous fees such as lab fees, enrollment fees and Commencement fees are not reflected in the sample budgets.)
Below are the estimated costs of undergraduate study for the 2022-2023 academic year.
|On-campus resident student||Off-campus student not living at home||Off-campus student living with parent/relative|
|Tuition and fees||$46,000||$46,000||$46,000|
|On-campus room and board||$16,500|
|Direct billed charges||$62,500||$46,000||$46,000|
|Off-campus living allowance*||$11,870||$8,570|
|Books and supplies*||$1,550||$1,550||$1,550|
|Total estimated cost of attendance||$67,780||$63,150||$60,050|
* Tuition and fees and on-campus room and board are billed directly from the University. On-campus room and board is an estimate based on traditional first-year residence halls and meal plans. All items not directly billed are estimates. While specific costs for some items may vary, the estimates above will help you plan your own budget for the academic year.
Average Student Loan Debt
- 82% of the Class of 2020 borrowed through the federal Perkins, Stafford or Direct Loan programs, with an average indebtedness at graduation of $26,397.
- 83% of the Class of 2020 borrowed through federal, state or private loan programs, with an average indebtedness at graduation of $47,467 (median debt of $27,000).
- Salve Regina’s cohort default rate was 1.8% for fiscal year 2017. The national default rate for the same year was 9.7%.
- According to the National Student Loan Data System, Salve Regina’s most recent loan repayment rate was 82.5%.
Staff and Contact
Ochre Court, Room 310
(401) 341-2901 (Phone)
(401) 341-2928 (Fax)