Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Process at Salve Regina
The Office of Financial Aid understands that a Salve Regina education is an excellent investment in your future. Our financial aid process provides students and families with the tools to finance their education.
To apply for financial aid, all new and returning students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and its potential supporting documents. We do not use College Board’s College Scholarship Service (CSS) profile.
How to File Your FAFSA
- To begin the financial aid process, incoming Salve Regina students can file their FAFSA online.
- Salve Regina's FAFSA school code is 003411.
- You may sign the FAFSA electronically using the FSA ID and password you create through the Department of Education. Learn how to create an FSA ID.
- The FAFSA requires tax information from two years prior. For example, the 2024-2025 form asks for 2022 tax information.
- You will receive a FAFSA submission summary report electronically or in the mail. This copy is for your records. Do not submit it to Salve Regina. We will receive your information electronically.
Financial Aid Deadlines
- For September admission, the priority deadline to apply for financial aid is March 1.
- All verification documents are due by May 15.
- For January transfer admission, students should file the FAFSA as soon as possible, as financial aid for January admits is awarded on a rolling basis.
Types of Financial Aid
A student’s financial aid package can contain multiple types of financial support and financing, which may include merit scholarships, need-based aid and loans. We encourage students to learn more about the different types of financial aid available:
- Need-based aid (grants, student employment, federal direct loans)
- Merit-based scholarships (students are automatically considered for merit-based funds)
- Other financing options (payment plans, private and parent loans)
Aid Process for Returning Students
Returning students who previously received financial aid must file a renewal FAFSA. The priority deadline for the renewal FAFSA is also March 1. If you are applying for financial aid at Salve Regina for the first time, you must start a new FAFSA form.
Financial aid for returning students is awarded beginning in March each year. Students who do not complete the renewal FAFSA by March 1 may see a reduction of aid. Grades are reviewed at the end of each academic year. Students who are not maintaining satisfactory academic progress may have their financial aid suspended.
Graduate students who are U.S. citizens or legal residents and who are enrolled at least half-time are eligible to apply for financial aid at Salve Regina. If eligible, graduate students should file the FAFSA every academic year. Learn more about graduate financial aid.
Contact Salve Regina Financial Aid
Salve Regina University’s Office of Financial Aid assists students through the process of applying for aid. After exploring our Frequently Asked Questions page, feel free to contact our office with any questions.
Prospective undergraduate students interested in Salve Regina should request information to learn more.
Salve Regina University reserves the right to request additional information, as necessary, to determine the type and amount of financial aid awards. Awards are subject to the availability of funding and regulations governing these funds.