Transfer Admissions at Salve Regina
At Salve Regina University, you are considered a transfer applicant if you enrolled in any college or university courses after graduating from high school, pursued a gap year after high school or are a deferred student who was previously admitted. Each year, approximately 10% of our new undergraduate students have transferred from another college or university to join our exceptional academic community.
Students affected by a recent school closure should connect with the Office of Admissions at (401) 341-2908 or email@example.com. Our team of admissions counselors is happy to provide a fee waiver for the transfer application and assist you with the process of applying to Salve Regina. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are committed to providing quick decisions and thoughtful transition support to impacted students.
Transfer Application Process
Transfer Applicant Requirements
- To begin the transfer admissions process, complete one of the application options below:
- Apply for the fall (September) 2022 term through our transfer application.
- If you applied to Salve Regina within the past three years, you may reapply by submitting a request for reactivation of application. If you have deferred at Salve Regina previously, please reactivate your application when you are ready to apply.
- If you have already started a Transfer Common Application, you may submit it in place of the above form.
- $50 application fee.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official transcript(s) from each college/university attended.
- One letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference.
- Personal statement.
- The College Report from each college/university attended. This form is typically completed by the dean of students, registrar’s office or conduct office at your current/previous institution(s).
- SAT/ACT scores are optional, except for students applying to an education program. Our CEEB code is 3759. Admission requirements for the education program can be found on the requirements page.
- International students whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL scores.
Once your transfer application and all supporting documents are received, a decision will be mailed and released through your student status page in approximately one to two weeks. Student athletes should obtain a release form from their athletic director before contacting Salve Regina coaches.
Transfer Admissions Deadlines
- Fall admission: Rolling
- Spring admission: Rolling
- Filing forms for financial aid: March 1 priority deadline
Transfer applications are accepted on a rolling, space-available basis after each undergraduate deadline. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at (401) 341-2908 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry to the Nursing Program
Salve Regina welcomes transfer applicants for all majors except nursing. If you aspire to a career in the health care industry, we encourage you to consider a degree in biology, chemistry, psychology, healthcare administration, social work or other related areas. For more information about career opportunities through these programs, visit our program finder.
If you are currently pursuing licensure as a registered nurse, we hope you will consider our continuing education program in nursing (RN-BSN).
Re-Applying for Admission
If you applied to Salve Regina within the past three years, you may reapply by submitting a request for reactivation of application in place of the Transfer Common Application. In addition, you must submit all updated, official final high school and college/university transcripts, SAT/ACT scores if applicable (see policy above) and the official College Report from each college/university attended.
If you were not previously admitted to Salve Regina and you wish to reactivate your application, you must also submit one letter of recommendation from a recent college instructor.
Once your application and all supporting documents are received, a decision will be mailed and released through your student status page in approximately one to two weeks. If you are currently enrolled in courses, we may ask for a mid-semester grade report before we make an admission decision.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
A formal transfer credit evaluation is completed for every admitted transfer student and sent via email within two weeks of your acceptance. Only courses submitted on an official transcript with a grade of C or higher, from a regionally accredited institution, are eligible for transfer. We cannot award transfer credit from unofficial transcripts. Final determination of transfer credit acceptance is ultimately made by the registrar and department chairs. To learn more about course equivalencies before your acceptance to Salve Regina, we encourage you to search our transfer credit database.
Visiting Salve Regina
We welcome prospective transfer students to visit the University. We provide campus tours and information sessions, special admissions events and other visit experiences that give you and your family the opportunity to discover our oceanside campus.
If you would like to schedule an individual appointment with an admissions counselor, contact Zakary Pereira at email@example.com or (401) 341-2102. Appointments may include an overview of Salve Regina, the transfer admission process and requirements and general information regarding academic programs. While we are unable to provide an evaluation of transfer credits, you will have an opportunity to ask questions about the transfer process and to discuss pre-transfer course selection.
Transfer Admissions Resources
Salve Regina offers excellent resources for prospective and accepted transfer students. Community College of Rhode Island students should explore the Rhode Island Guarantee, which helpfully streamlines the credit transfer process.