Title IX - Find Resources and Support
Find Resources and Support
Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
If you have experienced sexual assault or violence, discussing and/or reporting the incident can be a difficult decision. In contrast, learning that an allegation of sexual assault or violence has been filed against you can be stressful and emotional. Salve Regina provides a range of resources, services and support for students and employees who have experienced sexual violence or who have been accused of perpetrating sexual violence.
Confidential resources include medical and clinical care providers, mental health providers, counselors and ordained clergy. Information that you discuss will not be shared without permission unless there is an imminent risk of harm to yourself or others.
- Health Services: (401) 341-2904, Miley Hall garden level. Available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Provides information about seeking medical attention and/or referrals and offers follow-up care.
- Counseling Services: (401) 341-2919, Miley Hall garden level. Available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Provides emotional support through counseling and referrals to additional care.
- University chaplain: (401) 341-2368, Mercy Center for Spiritual Life. Provides counseling and support.
Private resources include Safety and Security, Residence Life and the Title IX coordinator. Information that you discuss will be shared with a limited circle of University employees who "need to know" to assist in the assessment, investigation and resolution of the report.
- Safety and Security: (401) 341-2325, Tobin Hall. Available 24/7. Provides resources and support to navigate reporting and feel safe on campus.
- Residence Life: (401) 341-2210, Walgreen Hall administrative wing. Available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and after-hours on an emergency basis. Provides resources and support to help you in your residential community.
- Title IX coordinator: (401) 341-2640, Miley Hall Room 118. Available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Provides information related to reporting, adjudication, supportive measures and referrals.
- Newport Police Department: 911 or (401) 847-1306.
- Newport Hospital: (401) 864-6400.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: (800) 656-4673. Provides emergency referrals to hospitals and checks the availability of an emergency advocate. You can also chat confidentially to learn about resources and ways to move forward.
- Crisis text line: Text HOME to 741741. Through a secure online server, you can connect with trained staff who can provide resources and support.
Title IX Coordinator
Salve Regina's Title IX coordinator receives and manages reports of sexual misconduct from the campus community, including visitors, and also oversees and facilitates the resolution process to promote accountability.
After receiving a sexual misconduct report, the Title IX coordinator contacts the impacted individual and offers to share rights and resources. If you choose to meet with the Title IX coordinator, you will learn about support services, how to report and the hearing process. Meeting with the Title IX coordinator does not mean you have to make a report.