To begin the application process, all incoming and returning students must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Salve Regina's school code is 003411.
- You may sign the FAFSA electronically using the FSA ID and password you create through the Department of Education. You can create an FSA ID while completing the FAFSA online. Learn how to create an FSA ID.
For September admission, the priority deadline for applying for financial aid is March 1.
Returning students who have previously received financial aid are required to complete a renewal FAFSA. Please remember that the priority deadline is March 1. If this is the first time you are applying for financial aid at Salve Regina, refer to the section above for instructions.
Returning students do not receive a financial aid award until all required information is received, and final grades are reported to our office. Actual award letters are sent to students who have submitted all of the documentation necessary for verification of their financial aid file.
For January admission, students should file their FAFSA in November/December, as awarding is done on a rolling basis.
- This application may be filed after Jan. 1. Use estimated figures if your tax returns are not completed.
- You can file a paper form, although the processing time is much longer. Call (800) 433-3243 to request up to three forms by mail. You may also download a PDF version. Complete the entire form, include all signatures before mailing and keep a copy for your records.
- You will receive a Student Aid Report electronically or in the mail. This copy is for your records. Do not submit it to Salve Regina. We will receive your information electronically.
Salve Regina University reserves the right to request additional information, as necessary, to determine the type and amount of financial aid awards. Awards are subject to the availability of funding and regulations governing these funds.