Wallace Hall, a Tudor Revival cottage
completed in 1875, accommodates sophomore students. Designed by architect Frank
Furness, the structure was served as the carriage house and stables, and later the
gardener's cottage, for the Fairholme estate.
Distinguishing features include a massive
arched entryway for horse-drawn rigs, stick-style wooden beams and
cream-colored stucco surfaces. Salve Regina acquired the property, located on Ruggles Avenue, in 1991 and
later named it for University benefactors David and Jean Wallace.
- Historic home/carriage house
- Capacity: 52
- Room options: Two singles, 11 doubles, eight triples and one quad
- Amenities: Lounge on the first floor
- Room and board