The Hedges accommodates junior and senior students. Formerly the carriage house and stables for John Thompson Spencer's Althorpe estate, the structure was designed by the famed architectural firm of Peabody & Stearns. Completed in 1890, The Hedges echoes the Colonial Revival lines of Althorpe's main house, known today as Founders Hall. Salve Regina acquired the property, located on Lawrence Avenue, in 1981.
Just the Facts
- Historic home/carriage house
- Housing capacity: 16
- Room options: Two singles, two doubles, two triples and one quad
- Amenities: Living room and kitchen
- Room and board
Building Type: Upperclassmen Housing