To earn the double major in French and secondary education, students complete the courses required for a B.A. in French and must also meet the requirements for secondary education. Majors are required to spend at least one semester studying in a French-speaking country.
To earn the bachelor's degree, students take a minimum of 11 courses (33 credits).
- FRN205: Intermediate French I
- FRN206: Intermediate French II
- FRN241: Communication and Cultures I
- FRN242: Communication and Cultures II
- FRN245: Introduction to Linguistics
- FRN305: French Culture and Civilization or FRN306: Cultures of the Francophone World
- FRN308: Teaching a Modern Foreign Language
- FRN311: Survey of French Literature I
- FRN312: Survey of French Literature II
Students choose two additional electives in French at or above FRN245, with at least one course at or above FRN399. Students are required to take at least one French course during their senior year.