Students who minor in secondary education are not eligible for Rhode Island teacher certification. To complete the minor, students take a minimum of six courses (18 credits).
- SCD101: Introduction to American Education
- SCD212: Teaching Reading in the Content Area
- SCD220: Adolescent Development and Theories of Learning
- SED211: Introduction to the Characteristics of Students with Exceptionalities
- Five additional credits in secondary education or a related area, approved by the program coordinator