The Office of Information Technology consists of various departments, including Application Services, Network Services, Student Technology Services, Technical Services and User Support Services.
Through these departments, the office ensures that all University computers are maintained as industry standard, all wired and wireless networks are accessible, all application systems (including My Information, My Salve, learning management systems and others) are maintained at the proper release, all training workshops are conducted in a timely and professional manner, and all requests for technology assistance are addressed in a courteous and responsive manner.
News and Announcements
Fall 2014 Training
My WebCourses (Canvas) introduction for students
- Oct. 16, 23 and 30 (Thursdays) from 1-2 p.m. in the McKillop Library computer lab 005
Microsoft Office Specialist certification
Become a Microsoft Professional with free certification workshops in the newest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. All materials - including online practice, study guides, in-class meetings and exams - will be provided.
- Word 2013: Oct. 15, 20 and 27 and Nov. 3, 10 and 17 (Mondays) from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the McKillop Library computer lab 005
- Excel 2013: Oct. 14, 21 and 28 and Nov. 4, 11 and 18 (Tuesdays) from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the McKillop Library computer lab 006
- PowerPoint 2103: Nov. 24 and Dec. 1, 8, 15 and 22 (Mondays) from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the McKillop Library computer lab 005
- Outlook 2013: Nov. 25 and Dec. 2, 9, 16 and 23 (Tuesdays) from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the McKillop Library computer lab 006
Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3)
This certification provides the foundation of knowledge needed for success in the digital age, and reflects the most relevant skills needed in today's academic and business environments. All materials - including online practice, study guides, in-class meetings and exams - will be provided.
- Wednesdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the McKillop Library computer lab 005
Colleague training for employees
These sessions are ideal for new employees along with those needing a refresher. Classes are catered to cover participants’ skill levels and permissions.
- Oct. 16, 23 and 30 (Thursdays) from 2-3 p.m. in the McKillop Library computer lab 005
Need someone to show your class how to use My WebCourses (Canvas)? User Support Services has staff that will visit your classroom to present an overview. Contact Dan Titus at (401) 341-2451 or email@example.com for scheduling.
Recommended Laptop Program
Designed to accommodate students with varying needs, Salve Regina’s recommended laptop program offers a number of HP and Apple laptops to all enrolled students. The focus of the program is to improve the learning experience and collaborative abilities for students who are interested in participating. To facilitate this program, Salve Regina has partnered with HP and Apple to offer students top-of-the-line laptops with extended warranties at a reduced cost. Visit the recommended laptop program page for more information.
Microsoft Office 2013
For fall 2014, Office 2013 will be distributed to public computers in the McKillop Library, computer labs, testing center and technology station classrooms, as well as to new distributions of University computers for faculty and staff. To have Office 2013 installed on your Salve Regina computer, call the Help Desk at (401) 341-7777 and choose option 2.