Although all business and economics students are encouraged to complete internships for credit, internships are currently required in the financial management, health care administration and management, and
marketing majors and the sports management minor. The internship course awards
students three credits for at least 120 hours of work at an approved site. Students
who complete internships put the skills they have learned in the classroom to
use and find that they are better equipped to enter to the workforce.
The Department of Business Studies and Economics offers a wide variety of internships in areas such as accounting, advertising, market research, event planning, sports marketing and management and financial services.
For more information on internships in the Department of Business Studies and Economics, contact Bonnie Kennedy, lecturer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lorrie Burns, internship coordinator, at email@example.com.
Internships in financial management have included:
- Bank of Southern Connecticut
- Jade Engineered Plastics
- Martha's Vineyard Savings Bank
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter
- Moore, Virgadamo & Lynch
- Needham Bank
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Oppenheimer & Co.
- Pitney Bowes
- Prudential Prime Properties
- Smith Barney
- Yarlas, Kaplan, Santilli & Moran
Internships in marketing have included:
- Entercom Communications Corp.
- Fort Adams Trust
- Naval Undersea Warfare Center
- Newport and Bristol County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Newport Harbor Corporation
- Newport Yachting Center
- RDW Group
- Sailing World magazine
- Smith Optics
- WEEI Sports Radio Network
- West Indies Management Company
Internships in sports management have included:
- Cape Cod Baseball League
- International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Newport Gulls