About Our Staff
Our professional staff and student leaders work to create an inclusive and enjoyable community for resident students. They foster an environment that supports personal development, intellectual growth and interpersonal relationship building.
Area coordinators are live-in, 12-month professional administrators responsible for the overall operation, administration, supervision, leadership and vision for campus residence facilities. Area coordinators are trained to mediate conflict, support students' campus experiences and educate them on self-advocacy.
Resident advisors are sophomores, juniors and seniors who represent the Office of Residence Life as key staff members, working under the direct supervision of area coordinators.
Resident advisors complete an extensive training program that develops valuable interpersonal and organizational skills and equips them to manage anything from roommate conflicts to emergency situations. They also build community in their area, ensure the safety and security of their buildings and serve as a resource for residents.
Questions about the position or the selection process should be directed to the Office of Residence Life at (401) 341-2210 or email@example.com.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (must be maintained)
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures outlined in the student code of conduct
- Fulfill all duties, responsibilities and expectations outlined in the RA manual and contract
- Support the Office of Residence Life mission and the University mission
- Participate in duty schedule
- Implement programming, events, conversations, and bulletin boards for/with resident students
- All hall openings and closings (through Commencement)
- Weekly staff meetings
- Biweekly one-on-one meetings with supervisor
- Training in fall and spring