Sammy’s After School Program
Center for Community Engagement and Service
Sammy's After School Program provides local middle schoolers with the opportunity to visit Salve Regina's campus and interact with college students while completing projects and engaging in a wide variety of activities. The program is designed to help encourage higher education learning and professional career success.
Volunteer Responsibilities and Expectations
- Plan, develop and host activities on campus for fifth-graders at Thompson Middle School.
- Coordinate weekly lessons, activities or on-campus field trips for Thompson students through collaboration with academic departments, clubs and/or organizations.
- Volunteers must be available on selected days from 3-6:30 p.m. (Mondays and Wednesdays, tentatively on Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Assist with the accommodations and tend to the basic needs of all students in the program (including but not limited to students from diverse backgrounds, personal family situations and children with special needs).
- Attend mandatory program training (once per academic semester).
If you are interested in volunteering with this after-school program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff and Contact
Gerety Hall, Room 201