The William Watts Sherman House, one of the greatest treasures of Salve Regina's campus, accommodates sophomore students.
Completed in 1875, the property is one of America's earliest examples of Queen Anne architecture. Designed by architect Henry Hobson Richardson, the house was built for New York financier William Watts Sherman and his first wife, Annie Wetmore. Richardson combined medieval European, English Renaissance and Colonial American elements to create a fanciful shingle and stucco structure enhanced by decorative woodwork.
The William Watts Sherman House was added to the National Register of Historic Places and designated a National Historic Landmark in 1970. Salve Regina acquired the property, located on Shepard Avenue, in 1982.
- Historic home/carriage house
- Capacity: 81
- Room options: 16 singles, 14 doubles, seven triples and four quads
- Amenities: Lounge, study room and kitchen on the first floor
- Room and board