The minor in dance allows students to further their knowledge and understanding of dance as a creative art form and study the many facets of dance, including theory, criticism, history, technique, body mechanics, injury prevention and composition. Students are encouraged to cultivate their strengths and find a unique artistic voice in preparation for future careers as performers, choreographers and dance educators.
- DNC100: Introduction to Dance
- DNC200: Dance History
- DNC220: Level II Modern Dance Technique (taken twice)
- DNC221: Level II Jazz Dance Technique (taken twice)
- DNC222: Ballet Technique (taken twice)
- DNC400: Choreography
It is recommended that students fulfill the 18-credit requirement by choosing from the following courses:
- DNC123: Tap Dance
- DNC124: Dance for Musical Theatre
- DNC125: Hip Hop Dance
- DNC126: Conditioning for Dancers
- DNC127: Ballroom Dance
- DNC370: Extensions Dance Company
- DNC399: Special Topics
In addition, minors are expected to participate in one mainstage theatre arts production as a crew member.