Our Spanish curriculum allows students to develop their linguistic skills while gaining an appreciation for the cultures, civilizations, heritage and literature of the Spanish-speaking world. Majors are required to spend at least one semester studying in a Spanish-speaking country.
To earn the bachelor’s degree, students take a minimum of 10 courses (30 credits).
- SPA205: Intermediate Spanish I and SPA206: Intermediate Spanish II or SPA304: Advanced Spanish Grammar
- SPA241: Communication and Cultures I
- SPA242: Communication and Cultures II
- SPA305: Spanish American Cultures and Civilizations
- SPA306: Spanish Culture and Civilization
- SPA311: Masterpieces of Spanish American Literature
- SPA312: Masterpieces of Spanish Literature
Students take additional Spanish electives at or above SPA245 to reach the 10-course requirement, with at least one course at or above SPA399. Students are required to take at least one Spanish course during their senior year.