Our French curriculum covers grammar and composition, and also explores culture and civilization by examining French literature within its social, historical and cultural context. Additionally, courses in linguistics enhance students' language knowledge and skills.
Majors are encouraged to spend at least one semester studying in France or another French-speaking country. To earn the bachelor’s degree, students take a minimum of 11 courses (33 credits).
- French Conversation
- French Grammar and Composition
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Advanced French Conversation
- Advanced French Grammar and Composition
- French Culture and Civilization
- Survey of French Literature I and II
- Phonetics and Pronunciation
- Two upper-level French electives