The minor in creative writing offers students the opportunity to hone their writing skills while exploring the full range of literary genres, including poetry, fiction, drama, screenwriting and creative nonfiction. The benefits of the minor include focused coursework offering training in creative writing and dedicated advising from Dr. Jen McClanaghan.
The minor connects students to a creative writing community in which they can foster and develop their writing talents and skills. To complete the minor, students take a minimum of six courses (18 credits).
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Creative Writing: Poetry or Creative Writing: Fiction
- Advanced Creative Writing Workshop
- One of the following: Special Topics in Creative Writing, Arts and Entertainment Writing and Reporting or Feature Writing
- Two courses in literature (excluding Literary Masterpieces and Contemporary Global Literature), chosen in consultation with the student's adviser