Open to students from all disciplines, the minor in sports management is designed to enhance students' knowledge of the sports industry and related businesses. The minor provides students with an interest in the sports industry the opportunity to study topics related to a rapidly growing segment of business.
To complete the minor in sports management, students take a minimum of six courses (18 credits).
- AST251: Sport in America
- MGT110: Sports Management in the 21st Century
- MGT210: Ethical and Legal Issues in Sports
- MGT312: Sports Marketing
- MGT491: Professional Internship in Business
Students also choose three credits from the following:
- MGT130: Gender and Minority Issues in Sports
- MGT131: Media Relations/Public Relations
- MGT132: Sponsorships and Fundraising
- MGT133: Contract Negotiation in Sports
- MGT134: The Sports Franchise
- MGT135: Special Topics in Sports Management
- MGT315: Event Planning and Facility Management
- PSY215: Sport Psychology