Internships are required for business administration, financial management, health care administration and management, and marketing majors and sports management minors. The course awards students three credits for at least 120 hours of work at an approved site.
The Department of Business Studies and Economics offers a wide variety of internships in areas such as accounting, advertising, market research, event planning, sports marketing and management and financial services.
Internships in financial management have included:
- Bank of Southern Connecticut
- Jade Engineered Plastics
- Martha's Vineyard Savings Bank
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter
- Moore, Virgadamo & Lynch
- Needham Bank
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Oppenheimer & Co.
- Pitney Bowes
- Prudential Prime Properties
- Smith Barney
- Yarlas, Kaplan, Santilli & Moran
Internships in marketing have included:
- Discover Newport
- Entercom Communications Corp.
- Fort Adams Trust
- Naval Undersea Warfare Center
- Newport Harbor Corporation
- Newport Yachting Center
- RDW Group
- Sailing World magazine
- Smith Optics
- WEEI Sports Radio Network
- West Indies Management Company
Internships in sports management have included:
- Cape Cod Baseball League
- International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Newport Gulls