Centrally located on campus, Our Lady of Mercy Chapel is a sacred
space that realizes the long-held dream of the many Sisters of Mercy who
have served Salve Regina. Consecrated in September 2010, the chapel
offers regular services and allows graduates and community members to
celebrate their weddings on campus in a religious setting.
The building's spacious first floor houses both the chapel and an
interfaith prayer room, designed to provide a quiet place for prayer and
meditation for people of all faiths. The Mercy Center for Spiritual
Life, located on the lower level, provides ample space for student
activities, fellowship and offices for campus ministers.
Designed by award-winning architect Robert A.M. Stern, the chapel's
stone and shingle exterior complements the historic architecture of
Salve Regina's Ochre Point neighborhood. Features include a set of 13
leaded opalescent glass windows created by renowned artist John La Farge
and a bell tower housing three 1910 bells cast by the Meneely Bell