The Center for Student Development offers a dynamic four-year co-curricular trajectory for students to cultivate holistic growth, leadership and the tools to create positive social change.
The Navigator Leadership Development Program is designed to help students develop as leaders through social responsibility at the individual, group and societal level. Each year, students in the program participate in five co-curricular programs that promote the exploration and development of values drawn from the Social Change Model of Leadership Development.
Each year of the program is themed to connect students with co-curricular programs aligned with the core values of the social change model – individual, group, community and global. The model is aligned with our mercy mission in that it provides students with the tools to enact positive social change.
Benefits of the Navigator Leadership Development Program
- Students will develop the tools and skills necessary to help create positive social change. They will also develop competencies that are important to employers, including: teamwork/collaboration, leadership, professionalism, problem solving and communication.
- Students will experience a unique co-curricular program that highlights and enhances their education at Salve Regina.
- Students will discover who they are as an ever-changing individual, what they are passionate about, and how to channel that passion into their careers and purposeful lives.
- Students who complete the program will receive certificates and a pin acknowledging and celebrating their accomplishments. In addition, they will have a transcript that details their co-curricular experience and can be shared with future employers, graduate programs or any post-graduation opportunities.
- Students who submit the reflection that best demonstrates the achievement of outcomes will receive the class award at the Student Affairs awards dinner. Class awards are given to one student in each class.