International Graduate Admission

Salve Regina offers 11 master’s degree programs, two doctoral programs and several graduate certificates. Admission requirements for each program vary; however, all applicants must have an earned bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and an undergraduate record that reflects their ability to be successful in graduate studies.

Please see Graduate Admissions and Fees for application instructions.

Graduate applications are processed on a rolling basis. Students may apply throughout the year, but preferably well in advance of the proposed program start date. For more information, contact the Office of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education at +1 (401) 341-2871 or

If you are applying from a college or university outside the U.S., please have your transcript translated into English and the credits evaluated by a recognized agency such as World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators.

Students whose native language is not English must submit the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Admission to the graduate programs requires a minimum iBT of 100 or IELTS of 7.0. TOEFL and IELTS may be waived for those applicants who have earned a degree from a U.S. college or university, or an overseas university where the primary language of instruction is English.

Acceptance and Additional Requirements

Students who have been accepted for graduate study must submit a deposit to hold their place in the class. Students who do not hold U.S. citizenship will need to obtain a Form I-20 and F-1 visa to study in the United States, or have their immigration status transferred if already in the United States.

In order to obtain or transfer an I-20, you must complete a Certification of Finances form, which requires evidence of sufficient financial support (typically one year of tuition, fees and living expenses). The form and a description of the visa application process are available from International Student Services. Questions may be directed to Aida Neary, international student adviser, at +1 (401) 341-3143 or