Who May Apply
Individuals with bachelor’s degrees earned from regionally accredited U.S. institutions of higher learning or an equivalent degree from a nationally accredited college or university outside the U.S. will be considered for admission.
Students who reside in the following states are not currently eligible to enroll in Salve Regina’s online programs, but may instead apply to on-campus programs:
How to Apply
The following materials must be submitted:
- Completed online application (Printable PDF application).
- Non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Personal statement.
- Two professional letters of recommendation, from faculty and/or work supervisors who can attest to an applicant’s ability to be successful in graduate studies. Letters should be submitted via the recommendation form.
- Test scores no more than five years old from one of the following: MAT, GRE or GMAT. This requirement may be waived for students whose combined application materials indicate an ability to engage in graduate-level study.
Applications must be completed within one year of initial submission or individuals may be required to resubmit materials. All application materials become a permanent and confidential part of University records and are not returned.
Students who are currently enrolled in one of Salve Regina’s master's programs should complete the application form designed for internal candidates.
Program of Study
Upon acceptance, a program of study is developed and may include transfer credits from other institutions. Students are encouraged to contact the program director for advice. Some program directors establish advising schedules for matriculated students that continue throughout the program.
In some programs, students may decide to write a six-credit thesis under appropriate faculty direction. Details are established prior to registration and in consultation with the thesis supervisor and the program director.
Dual Degree Program
The dual degree master’s program can be designed and based on career interests and educational goals. Applicants must receive permission from the program directors and the appropriate dean to pursue dual degrees. The dual degree program offers a common set of core courses, making it possible to earn two degrees with fewer credits than if earned separately.
Second Master’s Degree
Students who have completed their first master’s degree at Salve Regina and wish to complete their second master’s degree at Salve Regina may petition the appropriate graduate program director. Upon approval, the required credits for the second master’s degree can be reduced to a total of 30 credit hours. This option may not be available for some programs with accreditation or licensing requirements.