Leadership Studies (B.A.)
The interdisciplinary program in leadership studies provides a unique and marketable set of skills that may be used in a variety of settings, including for-profit and nonprofit, and public and private sectors in the contemporary global environment.
Our program integrates theory and practice, and teaches personal and professional communication skills, conflict negotiation, change theory and strategic planning skills. Students have the option to complete an internship experience that integrates theory with practice in a setting related to their career interests.
In addition to completing the requirements of Salve Regina's Core Curriculum, students majoring in leadership studies take a minimum of 10 courses (30 credits).
- Holistic Leadership Theory and Practice
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Introduction to Psychology
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Ethics
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Evidence-based Leadership and Decision-Making
- Leading Conflict, Negotiation, and Change
- Leadership in Action (capstone)
- One of the following: Macroeconomics, Internship in Leadership Studies, Human Resources Management, Social Problems: Analysis by Race, Class and Gender, Human Diversity: An Introduction to Anthropology or Public Speaking Theory and Practice
Joint Bachelor's/Master's Program
Our joint bachelor's/master's program is designed for the University's highly motivated and qualified undergraduates. Applicants should have a GPA of at least 3.30 and should expect to take four graduate courses (12 credits) in the senior year. Final program acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of the undergraduate degree and the senior-year graduate courses.
Students majoring in leadership studies will be eligible to apply for the M.A. in holistic leadership, and may also be considered for admission into other master's degree programs.
- Accounting (B.S.)
- Administration of Justice (B.A.)
- Assistant Applied Behavior Analysis (Post-Baccalaureate Certificate)
- Business Administration (B.S.)
- Business and Management Technology (Undergraduate Certificate)
- Health Care Administration and Management (B.S.)
- Leadership Studies (B.A.)
- Nursing (RN-BSN)