Students may apply at any time throughout the year, as admission for continuing education programs operates on a rolling basis. Applicants must have completed a level of education equivalent to a high school diploma. In addition, post-secondary credit requirements are program-specific.
Salve Regina evaluates the total application package. All applicants must submit:
- Completed application. Applicants may apply online or use the printable application form.
- Official transcripts from all high schools, colleges and universities attended. (Applicants who hold an associate degree in any field or a diploma in nursing do not need to submit high school transcripts.)
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are positioned to evaluate your academic ability and commitment to program requirements. Letters should be submitted via the recommendation form.
- A personal statement of 1-2 typed pages discussing your interest in entering a continuing education program.
- Applicants to the RN to B.S. in nursing program must have a 2.7 GPA or higher to be eligible for admission.
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance is based on each individual's course load. For this reason, loan eligibility is not calculated until the enrollment period begins. Each student has a budget based upon actual direct costs (tuition and fees). An estimated book allowance is also included.
Students who are taking courses on campus are eligible for a modest allowance for living expenses, depending on course load. Students taking only online and/or self-paced classes are not eligible for living expenses.
Credit hours cannot be used for more than one enrollment period, and classes that are repeated are not eligible for additional financial aid.
Continuing Education Tuition and Fees
The University and the Board of Trustees reserve the right to revise general or specific fees to reflect economic conditions. The following schedule of tuition and fees is effective for the 2015-2016 academic year.
|Tuition per credit, continuing education program||$300||$310|
|Late registration fee (two weeks prior to start of class)||$50||$50|
|Audit fee per credit||$200||$200|
|Transcript fee, per copy, processed within 5 business days||$5||$5|
|Transcript fee, per copy, processed within 48 hours||$10||$10|
|Transcript fee, per copy, processed within 24 hours||$25||$25|