The Exploratory Day of Service provides a common experience for incoming students that encourages a commitment to service and creates a shared opportunity for reflection and learning. Volunteers are dispersed throughout Aquidneck Island to support and meet the needs of local community agencies and individuals.
Students participating in the Day of Service:
- Develop an awareness of the issues affecting the Aquidneck Island community.
- Develop an increased knowledge of the various community partners working to improve the Aquidneck Island community.
- Help improve the Aquidneck Island community in the near future.
The 2014 Day of Service included 645 student participants, 31 faculty and staff and 34 student mentors. Twenty-four local community partners took part in the day as well, totaling an estimated 2,130 hours served for the day.
- Atria Aquidneck Place
- Bike Newport
- Boys Town New England
- Child & Family
- Clean Ocean Access
- Cluny School
- Confetti Foundation
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Edward King House
- Emmanuel Church
- Fort Adams
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
- Looking Upwards
- Lucy's Hearth
- McKinney Cooperative Shelter
- Methodist Community Gardens
- Middletown Senior Center
- Mumford Manor
- Norman Bird Sanctuary
- Salvation Army
- Seamen's Church Institute
- St. Paul's United Methodist Church
- Town of Middletown
- Village House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center