Housing Accommodations

Housing accommodations for documented disabilities and medical conditions are determined on a case-by-case basis. To qualify as an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) covered disability, a student must have a current condition that substantially limits a major life activity, the accommodation must be necessary and reasonable, and all paperwork/documentation must be received before an accommodation can be granted.

Please note that a diagnosis in and of itself does not automatically qualify for an accommodation. To receive special housing consideration for medical conditions not covered by the ADA, the housing acommodations form must be completed, but accommodations are not guaranteed.

What do I need to apply for housing accommodations?

  • Office of Campus Life housing accommodations request form.
  • Documentation from a medical professional (physician, psychiatrist), including diagnosis, treatment plan and recommendations for housing.

For more information on housing accommodations, contact the Office of Campus Life at (401) 341-2210 or campuslife@salve.edu.