Angelus Hall houses faculty offices and classrooms for the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance. The former carriage house for Catherine Lorillard Wolfe's sprawling Vinland estate, the property was acquired by Salve Regina in 1955.
Conceptualized by the famed architectural firm of Peabody & Stearns and completed in 1882, Angelus Hall accommodated carriages and provided living quarters for butlers and footmen. Designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style, it features a central overhang in the form of a hay lift characteristic of European rustic architecture.
Just the Facts
Building Type: Academic