Students interested in pursuing a graduate degree and specializing in insurance management, risk management, claims or underwriting are encouraged to consider our master’s degrees in business administration or management. Salve Regina accepts all American Council on Education credit recommendations for Charted Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) programs.
Depending on which Institute courses you have completed, you may be able to earn a master’s degree with as few as eight additional courses. CPCU and IIA courses may apply as follows:
- Holding the CPCU designation earns up to 12 credits toward the master’s degree with a concentration in insurance management.
- Up to 12 credits for specialty designation coursework toward the master’s degree with an individualized concentration.
- Prerequisite undergraduate coursework in accounting for any two of the following: APA 91, APA 92, AIAF 111, CPCU 540, CPCU 8 or CPCU V.
- Prerequisite undergraduate coursework in economics for completing AIAF 113 and CPCU 9 or CPCU III.
- No prerequisite requirements for the master’s degree in management.
- Students may earn their degree entirely online.
Click here for more information.