Minor in Applied Technologies
Open to students
from all disciplines, the minor in applied technologies offers a program of
study designed to help students adapt to rapidly changing technology and
enhance their technology application skills in the workforce. Minors are required
to earn at least three certifications and as many as six certifications.
Students completing a minor in applied technologies take
a minimum of seven courses (21 credits).
- IC3 Certification: Internet
and Computing Core Certification
- Rapid Application Development
- Enterprise Resource Management
- Database Management
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist
- Internet Marketing or three one-credit courses
in information systems management
Minor in Sports Management
Open to students from all disciplines, the minor in
sports management offers a program of study designed to enhance students'
knowledge of the sports industry and related businesses. The minor provides
students with an interest in the sports industry the opportunity to study
topics related to a rapidly growing segment of business.
Students completing a minor in
sports management take a minimum of six courses (18 credits).
- Sports Management in the 21st
- Ethical and Legal Issues in
- Sports Marketing
- Internship in Sports Management
- Event Planning and Facilities
Management and/or Sport in America
Students may satisfy one
three-credit elective course requirement by successfully completing three of
the following one-credit classes:
- Gender and Minority Issues in
- Media Relations/Public
- Sponsorships and Fundraising
- Contract Negotiation
- The Sports Franchise
Special Topics in Sports Management