It is ultimately your responsibility to integrate the
keys to success listed below into your personal and academic goals while at
Salve Regina. Your first year can be overwhelming, but the Office of First Year
and Exploratory Programs can help you navigate the available resources and make
sense of your academic and personal goals.
Keys to Success in College
- Meet and talk with your first year adviser/New Student Seminar instructor on a regular basis.
- Take advantage of your learning community.
- Explore majors, and talk with Departmental Liaisons about intended majors.
- Use the tutoring and writing resources in the Academic Development Center.
- Frequent the library.
- Get to know your Student Mentor and ask questions.
- Connect with students in your learning community or in your other classes.
- Learn about the various resources Salve Regina has to offer and where they are located.
- Understand why you are in college.
- Work on your time management; set up a daily schedule and stick to it.
- Know your learning style.
- Assess and improve your study habits.
- Introduce yourself to your professors; see them outside of class.
- Get involved with campus activities; join at least one club or organization.
- Take your health seriously.
- Most importantly, go to class.