Media Services assists students, faculty and staff with equipment loans, hardware distribution (sound systems, LCD projectors, laptops, screens, easels) and related video recording and editing projects.
Students, faculty and staff must present a valid Salve Regina ID to loan equipment. All equipment is available for instructional purposes only.
Available at the desk:
- CD or DVD media
- Flash drives
- 14-foot or 25-foot Ethernet cable
- USB printer cables
One-day loan period:
- Portable sound system
- Dongles (for connecting Macs to a projector or TV)
- PC or Mac laptop
- Laptop speakers
- Snowball microphone
- Remote presenters
- Portable screen
- LCD projector
- Small form factor projector
- Portable hard drive
- Stereo headsets with microphone
- USB camera
One-week loan period
- Digital voice recorder
- Digital video camera
- Flip camera
- Digital still camera
Media Services sets up equipment for student presentations, conferences, special events or guest speakers. Most classrooms are equipped with a teacher's station, computer (Mac or PC depending on location), projector, DVD/VHS player, speakers, laptop connection and screen. All lecture halls are equipped with sound system, microphones, projector, laptop, screen, CD player, DVD player, VHS player, input for iPods and remote presenter.
Equipment must be requested one week in advance. Requests must be directed to the event scheduler:
- Academics - Christina Curley at (401) 341-2116
- Athletics - Cori Hughes at (401) 341-2272
- Conference Center external events - Johanna Mancivalano at (401) 341-2460
- Conference Center internal events - Mariann Maida at (401) 341-2197
- Student Activities - Heather Barbour at (401) 341-2225
Media Services will assist any student, faculty or staff member wishing to edit video. Requestors are expected to follow University policy on copyrighted materials. Media Services will not knowingly duplicate any copyrighted material unless written permission from the copyright holder or authorized representative is obtained and submitted along with the material to be copied.