Salve Regina offers five meal plans: an unlimited plan and plans allowing five, seven, 11 and 14 meals per week. Please note that all incoming freshmen resident students are automatically enrolled in the unlimited plan to offer the maximum amount of meals. Also, University policy dictates that all changes in meal plans must be processed through the Office of Residential Life by the end of the first week of class each semester. Click here for more information on Sodexo meal plans.
The Salve Card allows students to make purchases on campus without having to carry cash. The card is utilized on campus for food purchases in the Miley cafeteria, Original Burger Company, Jazzman's Cafe, Global Cafe, Miley Mart, the Sullivan Fitness Center, various laundry and vending machines, Health Services (prescription payment), bookstore, library (Xerox and microfilm) and the mailroom.
The Salve Card can be used off campus at the following locations:
- A Market, 181 Bellevue Ave., Newport
- Ben & Jerry's, 359 Thames St., Newport
- Boss Man Burgers, 510 East Main Road, Middletown
- CVS, 181 Bellevue Ave., Newport
- Dominos, 19 West Main Road, Middletown
- El Perrito, 190 Thames St., Newport
- Empire Tea & Coffee, 22 Broadway, Newport
- Flat Waves, 1130 Aquidneck Ave., Middletown
- Keenwah Super Food Eatery, 311 Broadway, Newport
- Raw Power Juice Bar, 266 Bellevue Ave., Newport
- Slim Possible, 717 Aquidneck Ave., Middletown
- Subway, 58 Aquidneck Ave., Middletown
- Subway, 359 Thames St., Unit D, Newport
Because there is money associated with the card, students should secure the Salve Card as if it were a credit card. The card should not be shared with any other student. If the card is lost, it can be disabled almost immediately. All lost cards should be reported to the Office of Safety and Security.
Deposits can be made to the Salve Card online with MasterCard or Visa, in person at the Business Office with cash or check, or by mail with a check. Students can also use the cash-to-card machine located on the first floor of Miley Hall just outside of the cafeteria. Salve Cards may not be used as a cash card. Money deposited will remain until the student leaves Salve Regina. Any money left on the card when a student leaves the University will be returned to the student tuition account if the balance is over $5.
Education Tax Credits
The Internal Revenue Service offers tax credits (American Opportunity/Lifetime Learning) to taxpayers who pay qualified tuition/fee charges for education. These tax credits allow the taxpayer to reduce tax liability on a dollar-for-dollar basis (subject to Adjusted Gross Income limitations) once the credit has been determined. Visit My Salve to print out your own 1098-T.